Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Unconditional

Some friendships run deeper than I'd like to admit. Some friendships, especially ones that took more than a decade to grow, have been internalized.

That familiar reflex to protect and to care, albeit unwanted, teaches me that I am not as cold hearted as I would like to be.

It is easy to stop caring for some...acquaintances. But real friends are supposed to etch an even deeper mark than romance.

One may be a kind person, but not necessarily a good friend.

It still hurts when I realize that my friendship is no longer appreciated...even more so when it is a recurring event. I wish I can just stop caring and end the damned recurrence, but sometimes an offer for friendship simply felt intuitive. Instinctive. Inevitable.

I guess the past weekend had taught me that to some insignificant (yet not negligible) extent, unconditional love can exist between friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment