My 22nd birthday was superb!
I get wishes only from those most important to me, and that feels so good compared to a truckload of Facebook acquaintances' short wishes (such as "HBD", "WUATB"). I had dinner with boyfriend's family, followed by shopping and supper--we talked a lot and I really had a good time! It was a perfect birthday for me :)
I have never favored parties and celebrations; I was never big on birthdays. The best birthday I had was when my parents came to Singapore on my 17th birthday just to celebrate it with me. We bought a small Haagen-Dasz ice cream cake (1 serving) and lit the candle, that's all. It was more than enough for me. I love it that way.
I have only my friends and family to thank for making life worthwhile: making all the hardships bearable and the happiness meaningful. It has not been easy, but it would have been a lot harder without them.
Thank You, God, for all these :)
No comments:
Post a Comment