Thursday, May 10, 2012

Defeats and excuses

If you haven't seen it, here's the link:
(Subjective) Truth about SMU

I admit I am guilty of this 'victim mentality' for a period, but hey, guess what, I know better than to just whine all the time. You don't like the mugger lifestyle? Neither do I. You made your choice, so don't complain about the grades you get.

I agree with some points in the entry: inflation of grades, for instance. Bad news, competition is getting stiffer every day in the outside world anyway. If you choose to dismiss that as a mere 'kiasuism' plague on the college and hence not to learn from it, it's your loss.

I don't love SMU, and of course I have my 'what-if' moments too. I'm not an optimist; but I'm an opportunist. I make the best of what I have. The author is making so many excuses for his/her own defeats.

I guess this is the epitome of that saying 'your biggest enemy is yourself'.

Hey, thanks for reminding me on the toxicity of a passive, pathetic victim mentality :) Guess I haven't lost my pre-Singapore self after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment