Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Lovin'

Today's the last day of my first summer break in SMU. I was panicking in the morning till afternoon due to some academic-related confusions. It's not resolved yet, but I'm calm enough to do other things :p

I was browsing through photos of the 2 vacations I went on this summer: Melbourne and Bali. I love both trips for different reasons. Bali was with hanging with a really outgoing crowd, soaking up the warm sun, wearing a bikini and ... well, basically just escaping from the world. On the contrary, Melbourne was spending quality time with 2 best friends and with myself, enjoying the chilly wind, putting on a trench coat, and making peace with myself.

I organized a successful event on Marina Bay Sands this summer, and I'm very proud of it! It took a lot of hard work and headaches, but it was sure worth it.

I had 2 summer loves. Moved on from one, and fell for another. Life's good that way. There is pain, but knowing my indulgent tendencies, I don't mind! Don't worry, I won't bother pursuing what was never mine to begin with. I learn my lesson, and still wonder what I could have done better, but overall, I'm thankful it happened :)

I got my first A+ in SMU from a summer term module. I hope this is a good sign for the upcoming term. Hope hard work will pay off this time round.

My aunt is now walking :) Thank you, God.

My brother got into the famed Medicine Faculty of Universitas Indonesia. Over 14,000 applied, but only 235 made it into the faculty. I can't be more proud!!!

The emotional roller coaster this summer is probably more extreme than whatever I've had in my entire life thus far. Loving it.



Now it's time to brace myself and fight on.

No comments:

Post a Comment