Chinese New Year came and went, and I think I'm now filled with a tad too much 'food for thought'.
I've been visiting the physiotherapy center for a few days last week, and watching stroke patients desperately trying to move their limbs, I learn things that I've always known, but taken for granted.
Here are some of them:
1. Stroke can strike anyone. Anyone. Anytime. Likewise, bad things can happen to anyone, anytime no matter how much one tries to prevent them.
2. On rainy days, it's family who'll stand by you all the time (not just the first few days).
3. Who am I to even THINK of giving up, when these patients incessantly struggle to move something that they can't control in the first place?
4. No matter how hard it is to smile, optimism and confidence goes an incredibly long way.
Today, it struck me, is it even possible to end something that never was, in the first place? Why must it be so hard for us to accept the bitter reality? And I'm somewhat convinced that although escapism may seem as the easiest way to 'solve' our problems, it may well be the deadliest monster that awaits at the end of the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment