Wednesday, April 28, 2010

live performances

There are several things that I look forward to in live solo performances. I think it takes really admirable skills and mentality to be able to perform in front of big audiences and still be able to sing 'out'. I mean, the possibility of them being nervous is almost ZERO, judging from the kind of sound they can produce.

Often underrated would be the orchestra; I am intrigued by how the orchestra can keep up with the improvisations made by the singer. It's really cool.

Vic said I like songs sung by black women. I won't deny that, I definitely love them. These "mama's" seem to really believe in every single word in the lyrics of the song. Their vocal strength is incredible and unmatchable. Most of the time, I actually feel moved/touched by the songs they sing.

2nd fave: Whitney Houston-Greatest Love of All


All-time fave: Jennifer Holliday-And I Am Telling You (I'm Not Going)


Yes, both pretty agro, but I like this kind a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment