VERY successful on 2nd try!
some tricks up the sleeve now:
1. GREASE the pan. Don't believe the recipe too much. After greasing, lightly dust glutinous starch (or whatever you call it..tepung kanji in Indon)
2. Be patient upon whisking the egg white. It's only finished when you can overturn the bowl (in which you're whisking) and nothing drops off.
3. Just add in lemon juice. Grated lemon skin is never enough to give the citrus flavour/smell.
4. When the cake's done (ie. you can stick a toothpick in it and it comes out dry), just be chilled! Take a bottle (i used beer bottle, cuz it has really small neck) and put it right on the hole of the pan. Overturn the pan (so it's now fully supported by the beer bottle only) and leave it there. Maybe 10 mins later, the cake will drop down by itself. That's how it's supposed to get out of the pan!
Yesterday's cake was an epic ugliness :( WHY? Because I didn't do the 4th tip! I was busy trying to get it out, and it broke :(
This time, I added more sugar too (still less than what the recipe required though) for the sake of non-dieters, to compensate the lemon juice that I added instead of mere cold water.
However, I add olive oil instead of vegetable oil/melted butter (and of course, much less than required by the recipe!) so I can still consider my cake...a LOW-FAT one :D
And yes, as usual, I don't bother about the icing. Sweet, fattening and frustrating when it's not nice. haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment