There's something tragic about growing up. I don't know about you, but in my process of trying to grow up, to be a more responsible adult, I found that I have silenced the 'inner child' in me.
The inner child is an annoying essence--she questions everything, preventing me from efficiently completing my tasks.
The inner child is also irresponsible and unreliable.
But at the same time, she is also the one who had so much faith in herself.
That inner child pours all her ideas into pencil sketches on the blank side of any scrap paper she can find.
That inner child knows how to be genuinely satisfied.
That inner child is so impressionable and thirsty of what the world has to offer.
I think I have gradually murdered that 'inner child'.
Is this what they call quarter-life crisis? I didn't even see this coming.
We are the bay of Naples.
We are the horses of the Vesuvian stables.
We got away with murder.
We took our dreams and sealed them with mortar.
--Eric Margan & The Red Lions
No comments:
Post a Comment