Friday, March 8, 2013

Letting go.

I love this entry from thought catalog. I think it rings true. Read the full article here: How We Let People Go.

I think this paragraph has beautifully summarized the process of letting go:
We have to stop caring what they would think if they saw us, stop worrying about running into them in the store, stop obsessing over the things we could have done differently to make them stay. And that means letting go of everything they meant to us, proving to ourselves that life can be just as good, just as beautiful, without them in it. When you realize, long after the fact, that you no longer care about someone --that what they are doing in life has no bearing on you, and vice versa-- it feels very much like a small death. Who they were with you no longer exists, and you cannot even preserve it in your memory, for the sake of your own mental health.



Well. I'm just glad that I did let go of things that were never mine to begin with. I guess it's true that only when we let go of the past can we make space for better things to come and stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment