Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rotterdam.

It feels like a long time ago since the last time I've posted. Meanwhile, many things have been happening too. Perhaps I'll just attempt to summarize them below:

1. Excited
I am excited to think that I'm now in Rotterdam, Netherlands, 12 hours away from Singapore/Jakarta. There are so many things to do, to see, to feel. I love this feeling of anticipation, and I do hope that I always have something to look forward to in life, one after another. I realize that life is a lot more survivable this way.

2. Scared
I am scared of the possibilities of getting mugged here. I am also scared of my internship possibilities.

3. Grateful
There are many, many more things than the surface that I am grateful for. The cold weather, the beer and the songs have reminded me of the pockets of life that I've perhaps taken for granted. I should really constantly remind myself all the time how far I've come from less happy times; perhaps some feel-good self-praise of how strong I've been. I'm ultimately grateful for the solid support system I always have--friends come and go, but there will always be the same few pillars of strength there, and that's all that matters.

I've been listening to The Script again. I just love their songs. And they simply remind me to be grateful.

New Year Resolution? Not really specific this time. Basically, I just wish that I can be more grateful of what I have and less bitter of what I don't. We can't have it all at one time, can we? Life is excellent that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment