Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Luxury

Sometimes I ask myself why I'm not doing something that I am actually good at--not just something lucrative, something practical, or something my parents want me to.

I ask myself too, what am I good at? Pretty good question, because it took me quite a while to answer. I realize that I'm good at things that are not quantifiable--things that are definitely not lucrative.

Why am I not doing something that I actually love? Because I don't know what are the things I love doing anymore. I have lost touch with them simply because I'm not that good at doing things that I love to do, making them 'not worth doing'. The worst part is, I can't remember when I started losing them one by one, leaving me with none. For fuck's sake I'm only 21. I need to have a hobby I am passionate about.

But then again, doing something one loves/is actually good at is a luxury not all of us can afford to.

No comments:

Post a Comment