I love the movie. Probably for the same reason why I love (500) Days of Summer so much.
Few of the extremely rare movies that depict reality; one depicts the materialistic world, the other the bitter truth about love and romance.
A friend of mine kindly reminds me that she doesn't feel that way, simply because her dearest family and friends are not ...well, how should I put it, out to get her. Why bother thinking of the sad part of life, when you still have family and friends? Notice how little spotlight are directed at the family and friends of the main characters on such movies?
I can't agree more. In fact, family and friends are my only motivation for fighting on. But I'll still stand by my views that Chicago and (500) Days of Summer have done the real world some justice. Please, don't insult the human race by portraying only the ignorant idealists and the mindless optimists, or hopeless romantics. We feel pain, and not many people admit it.
Granted, movies may be an escapade to many; but not so much for me. I look out to be convinced that I'm not in this fight alone, and that somewhere, somehow, many others are in similar fights too. This gives me some strange, inexplicable empowerment. If many others can emerge strong from such ugly fights, I can too.
You can like the life you're living; you can live the life you like.
(You can even marry Harry, but mess around with Ike)
No comments:
Post a Comment