Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fateful.

I believe it's only right to post a blog entry regarding my unforgettable encounter on Monday night. So if you've heard this story, just don't bother reading on.

It was an exhausting evening, simply because I went for a 3 hours-plus dance rehearsal without any dinner beforehand. I really wanted to perfect my moves, so I stayed back after dance rehearsal, and went back alone. Being an ignorant slob, I plugged in my earphones and listened to my favourite songs while walking back. I was walking the route that passed Kopitiam, 7-11, and NAFA. I held my laptop (in its safety bag, of course) on my left hand, and carried my cK bag with my right hand (straightened such that the bag was right on the side of my right leg). I didn't even notice that the path I walked on was getting darker, because the lightbulbs on NAFA's hallway were switched off.

Suddenly, I felt someone forcefully tugging my bag backwards, and at first, I thought that it was a friend playing prank on me. So I tugged my bag against that force, while looking back and shouted (in a slightly loud volume): EHH!! Just when I looked back, I realised it was a robber trying to snatch my bag, with both hands pulling on my bag's handles. I instinctively pulled back with all my might, using only my right hand, and kicked his stomach (don't ask me why/how). But he kept trying to snatch my bag.

I didn't know why, or how, but I just shouted really, really loudly: "OOOIIII!!!" (and it came out rather manly). I guess he was caught by surprise, so he fled.

That, my friend, was what I call 'divine intervention'. Maybe it was adrenaline, but I'd like to think that He has protected me.

I didn't lose anything, and I'm really lucky he's unarmed. I'm physically fine, other than my aching right arm. But honestly, I'm still rather traumatized. I couldn't help thinking how scary it was, how much worse it could've been.

I'm simply freaked out.

--

Right now, I'm really keen on perfecting my dance items for the upcoming performance on 22nd Jan. I've rented 4 dance dvd's, just to ensure that I get the right 'feel' about the dance. I just don't want to disappoint my friends seated amongst the audience!! And dance, to me, is probably my only source of sense of achievement. Maybe that's why I'm willing to put in so much effort in it, because I know, for sure, that every single practice will ensure a better performance. Btw, if you're coming to watch, look out for a scene where you'll see my inner red-shirt ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment