Monday, December 13, 2010

Walls

Today's still part of my community service, but I fall sick :( Woke up today with really bad headache and sore throat. I shall just rest today and hopefully recover tomorrow, so that I can tutor the kids without spreading any virus(es).

Yesterday was the last day on our first beneficiary, and I was pretty sad to leave them. Those kids are really adorable, and I'd love to spend more time with them. When the beneficiary was delivering a farewell speech to us, I did feel some tears welling up. Actually, even as we were singing to these kids towards the end of the day, I already felt so. When the beneficiary representative was sharing with us their harsh living conditions, I felt really bad for them. The terrible thing is, I guess I got so good at fighting back my tears that I happened to be one of the very few girls who didn't cry.

Life's tough for everyone, I'm sure. Even those with seemingly easy lives have their own burdens others may be unaware of. But then again, who am I to say?

I guess my walls are getting sturdier than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment