Being sickly recently, I tend to visit LGMH more often. And below are some of my findings:
One day, I finished my volunteer shift at the hospital.
In the ER waiting room, I saw an old couple leaving. The woman asked "Do you want me to carry a bag?"
The man answered "For 64 years, my job has been to carry the bags. Your job is to look adorable. And you're doing it perfect." His LGMH.
I was Skyping my boyfriend late and my mom came in.
Grinning, she informed me that I needed to sleep and he was a terrible distraction. Then she grabbed the headset and asked him, "Is she as distracting for you as you are for her?"
Without missing a beat, he said, "She's a priority, not a distraction."
Today, I was at the store with my mom.
A little boy and who I presume to be his dad, come walking down the aisle, holding hands. The boy was describing the store to him, telling him how wonderful it was.
The dad was blind.
Little boys with love for their parents no matter the disability GMH.
I was 15 and caring for my dying grandmother.
She was very thin and had lost most of her hair. My grandfather came to check on us.
He told me as she slept that she is the most beautiful woman in the world with her golden hair and blue eyes. He only saw beauty when he looked at her.
His devoted love gives me hope.
When my grandma was in the hospital, my grandpa would visit her everyday.
One day, I went with him. She was allowed to walk around, but had to bring a mini heart monitor and other necessaries.
Before we left, my grandpa walked up to her to kiss her, and the heart monitor went crazy. Their love at 57 years is still going strong.
Yes, behold the cheesy side of me. All these doesn't really 'GMH', they just made me smile, while bearing in mind that it doesn't happen most of the time. Blessed are those who have had these moments before.
No comments:
Post a Comment