Friday, August 20, 2010

Quality time.

I see life as a myriad of challenges, one after another (or sometimes several after several). Looking back, I could see a pattern repeating itself. New environment, no friend, lots of me-time life gradually turns into a familiar environment, bunch of great friends, lots of great time. It's a series ups and downs keeps repeating itself, like the illustration of transverse wave of light in Physics. I always hate the beginnings, because they are exceptionally annoying. They just instill fears in me (well, blame me for being a paranoid) for the uncertainties. I read books (including the Holy Bible) telling me not to worry, but honestly, I need direct divine intervention not to.

In case any of you are wondering, my love language is "quality time". It's true, I really appreciate those who are willing to spend time with me, because time is precious. Quality time in itself excludes whatever activity involved when we spend time together. Everybody's busy and I see how "quality time" becomes more and more precious, following the logic of scarcity. I embrace simplicity. My idea of a great day with a great friend? Just walking around, sitting for meals or tea time once in a while, talking most of the time about whatever's under the sun. That, not intoxicated rambling and dancing in the dark with deafening music, is what friendship means to me.

I love my friends a lot; being away from my family, friends are the ones who accompany me on both sunny and rainy days. Really, it is these priceless friends of mine who make life much, much more bearable.

I'll just give it my best shot in everything that I do. That's the only thing I can anyway. Oh, and yes, I do notice my anti-social tendencies recently. Not that I shy away from human interaction, but sometimes I feel like I'm drowned in a sea of acquaintances, none of which I can relate to. I don't mind knowing new people, of course, but it's always nice having a handful of good old friends around, just to keep the sanity in check. New people = new friends for most of the case, but it takes time. Here I am, feel free to judge, for I can never be perfect to everyone. I'm just who I am. The one girl with contradicting traits and melancholic/choleric base character.

I am willing to give life a chance. As a friend told me, give the school, the people and myself a chance. Have some faith. Have some faith that it will be okay.

Going here and there alone is fine by me, but things do get rather mundane sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment