Hide and Seek
by Imogen Heap
Where are we? What the hell is going on?
The dust has only just began to form,
Crop circles in the carpet; sinking, feeling.
Spin me round again, and rub my eyes.
This can't be happening.
When busy street's a mess with people
would stop to hold their heads, heavy.
Hide and seek, trains and sewing machines.
All those years, they were here first.
Oily marks appear on walls,
where pleasure moments hung before the takeover,
the sweeping insensitivity of this still life.
Hide and seek, trains and sewing machines.
(Oh, you won't catch me around here)
Blood and tears, they were here first.
Uhmm, whacha say? Uhmm, that you only meant well?
Well, of course you did.
Uhmm, whacha say? Uhmm, that it's all for the best?
Because it is.
Uhmm, whacha say? Hmm that it's just what we need?
You decided this.
Uhmm, whacha say?
Hmm, what did she say?
Ransom notes keep coming from your mouth
Mid-sweet talk, newspaper word cut outs.
Speak no feeling, no I don't believe you.
You don't care a bit.
You don't care a bit, no you don't.
You don't care a bit.
You don't care a bit.
You don't care a bit.
***
This song never fails to make me feel sad :S I don't know, it's just so painful. Unlike any other emo song I listen to, every single line of the lyrics stir feelings in me. What more it was introduced to me at the right moment; the moment I was feeling broken that is.
And I guess it's healthy to occasionally recall emotional pain from the past, just to make sure I'm still capable of feeling. And to remind me how I have survived those pain.
It's an awesomely good song.
No comments:
Post a Comment