Haiti earthquake had happened quite some time ago, but I just foud the video today.hahah.
You can start from 1:00 to skip Jamie Foxx's prologue.hahaha. I think it's great that they do something like this! Too bad I can't "download to donate" cuz for some reasons my itunes here just can't download any song....legally.hahaha.
Reminds me of the tsunami in Indonesia that time. It's sad to see the sufferings on TV. It's even sadder that some people just don't donate because they think it'll be corrupted anyway. Come on. Screw those people who corrupt DONATION money, they'll have their hands dirtied. God knows. But still, if anybody thinks that 'fat' sum of money can rebuild a CITY from something lower than 'scratch', maybe they're wrong. Maybe the money is just not fat enough. I remember my mom told me about her friend who went down to Aceh to help out. The entire city smells like corpses. That's how bad it is. Everything is to be disposed of, but not immediately. Why? Because some people still believe that dead bodies are to be buried properly. Like with water and white cloth, while there isnt ANY much clean water available already. I'm not gonna talk about fanaticism or whatever here; that's just pretty inevitable in a not-so-Westernized parts of the world I suppose. Yes, money's required to clean up the city and it's certainly one major clean up. And cleaning up is necessary before the city is rebuilt. At least Aceh's doing fine now. I sincerely hope that Haiti will recover quickly too. I sincerely do.
And to those people who think that Haiti DESERVES THIS BECAUSE THEY PRACTICED VOODOO (same as those who think that Aceh deserved Tsunami because they discriminate against non-Muslims), go to hell -,-
*yes I read/heard this somewhere, but I can't remember where exactly*
If God has his own ways to punish His evil, EVIL creations such as the humanbeings, I think it's still not up to any human to think that they shouldn't stretch a helping hand. That's just inhuman and disgusting.
No comments:
Post a Comment