Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thank You.






This post goes out especially to Victoria, Hannah, Kenrick, Stacy, Thomas, Collin, Diana, Geraldine and Nicholas.

I'm sorry that I don't make cards or give presents to you guys.
I just personally find doing such stuff is a sign of bidding farewell and I am not ready yet.
I am not ready to bid a real farewell as I secretly still hope that this friendship goes beyond A levels.

It's sad yet heartwarming to look back, what we have gone through together and all those.
From council shittiness, studies to random outings followed by rather hedonistic nights (haha).
I'm not willing to let those go.

I am sorry for all the wrongs that I have done. As insincere as such sweeping statement may sound, I actually do mean it. I know I have been a difficult person to deal with, especially nearing exams or council events. Thank you so much for bearing with all my nonsense. It's not easy to be my friends, I know, and I thank you for staying with me.

You may not realize how important you guys are to me, as you guys are already like a second family to me. I don't know how I'll pull through all this shit if it weren't because of you guys. Small things like nice dinner, encouraging cards, academic-related texts, 24-hour hotline for emo rantings... they really go a long, long way. Thank you.

Thank you for having crossed paths with me and still walk with me thus far.
Thank you for all those moments together that may not last forever, but will resonate in my heart.
Thank you so, so much.

And if I were asked whether or not I regret joining council, I'd say no. It is true that the shit is not worth the achievement and 'lessons', but I guess friends like you guys are simply invaluable.

All the best in your future endeavours, I sincerely wish that we will still keep in touch and that the friendship does not fade away over time.

I'm the luckiest person on Earth to know you guys.
Take care!

With love,
Kat.



*attachment: this song captures it so beautifully. very cliche, but still relevant I suppose :)

"Graduation (Friends Forever)"

And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love
But it came too soon
And there was me and you
And then we got real blue
Stay at home talking on the telephone
And we would get so excitedand we'd get so scared
Laughing at ourselves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels

As we go on, we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change, come whatever
We will still be Friends Forever

So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

No comments:

Post a Comment