Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Entry

Hi, I'm just back from a heavenly escapade at Bali :)

First of all, some highlights of the trip! I'll make it short! FIVE!! :)
1. I GOT PEED BY A LIGER (the hybrid between a LIon and a tiGER, which is infertile, and confirms the biological speciation method by being so). beat that.
2. Learnt how to surf!!! As a beginner, of course, just needed to know how to surf straight. Not the kind that follows the wave horizontally, across the shoreline, like the ones you watch on TV. Maybe few years down the road, but that's not what I did. HAHA.
3. Bought Freakonomics (finally!!!) at the airport while waiting for the boarding time. It's much cheaper than in Singapore (yes, it's in English). Ironically, reading it was almost 100% nostalgic of Mr Cook's Econs classes. It was loaded with detailed, numerical examples and requires lots of focus before one can get anything out of the paragraph. But it was rewarding, the concepts presented :)
4. ATE BABI GULING, NASI CAMPUR, BEBEK BENGIL (!!!!!) been craving for those the entire year man!! I mean, you can find pseudo-Balinese food in Jakarta, but it's just different! For example, the Bebek Bengil in Ubud, Bali has a branch in Dharmawangsa Square, Jakarta. Unfortunately, in Jakarta's resto there wasn't any paddy field to look at while feasting on my 1/2 duck, and there was too much vodka on the Black Russian Pie (yes, TOO MUCH, not TOO LITTLE.) Nevertheless, the one here will still be an effective cure to my endless cravings for Balinese food :)
5. Visited a museum of paintings by Antonio Blanco. Before we got into the museum, there's this private garden of his, filled with many pretty birds and pretty fountains. The paintings were superb, though they are mostly themed on nude women. I've seen before many nude paintings on Balinese women especially, since they've got the curves. But these paintings have some innuendos that I didn't quite understand at first. For example, a jug of water. In one of the paintings, "Eve's apple is still whole", the jug of water lied right in front of the nude female's private part. I just didn't get it, until my Dad carelessly suggest what it could've meant. You guess. haha. And guess what, the entrance fee is... IDR 15000 (equivalent to SGD2.5)

5!! As I promised :)

And it's CHRISTMAS EVE! Too bad my family's not the kind who celebrates this kinda stuff. No log cakes/turkeys for me :( :( In fact, my dad's going to order some char kway-teow's for dinner. How X-mas-y right ;) Mom decided to skip dinner and failed to convince me to do so too.LOL.too bad ;p

Ooh I got sick during the Bali trip :( Lost my appetite for like 2-3 days for some ODD reasons. Haiz. But it's all worth it :):):)


HAVE A GREAT XMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment